EXAMPLES OF WORK: (illustrative only)
- Confers periodically with division heads to discuss matters pertaining to construction and operational planning;
- Coordinates the activities of the operating units to achieve maximum efficiency and economy;
- Directs Authority policy and programs including the areas of capital improvement, all administrative and operational functions;
- Consults with members of the Authority with reference to policy and operations;
- Confers with various outside consultants as needed;
- Attends and represents the Authority at public, civil, social and governmental meetings and conferences including special Board meetings;
- Confers with department heads to coordinate the operation of the metropolitan water system and leasing arrangements in village, town and water districts;
- Assists in preparing press, radio, television and other media releases concerning Authority activities;
- Speaks before various groups on the operations, activities and plans of the Authority, sometimes with a view toward encouraging water purchases;
- Maintains liaison with officials of various municipalities and large scale consumers;
- Makes frequent personal inspections of construction in progress and other activities to expedite completion;
- Investigates complaints by and reviews special service requests from municipal, county and, state agencies and commercial consumers;
- Participates in annual and special report preparation for the Authority and attends Authority meetings;
- Reviews and approves purchase requisitions and payrolls, and participates in recommendation of bid awards;
- Interviews salesmen, consumers, and others and provides information or directs to attention of appropriate person.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Comprehensive knowledge of a large scale public or private corporation; comprehensive knowledge and demonstrate ability to have business relationships with customers, attorneys, CPAs, and financial services professionals across Western New York; ability to present complex fiscal matters in understandable written oral form; A consummate business professional with political and financial savvy; comprehensive knowledge of practices and techniques of coordinating people and materials; demonstrate ability to successfully get people with diverse interests to work together harmoniously for a common goal; thorough knowledge of the theories, principles and techniques of public relations media and demonstrated success in their use; Thorough knowledge of laws governing municipal operations in New York State and their affect on contractual and other inter agency relations; thorough knowledge of personnel practices and techniques; ability to originate new procedures and techniques; ability to address diverse audiences; good appearance; resourcefulness; demonstrate ability to innovate and execute; good business acumen; good physical condition.
Candidates with one or more of the following qualifications are encouraged to apply:
Graduate from an accredited college or university with a baccalaureate degree with ten years of management experience, of which five years must have been in an executive, administrative or senior supervisory capacity with or for a public or private entity, and who possesses:
A New York State license as a professional engineer; a New York State license as a certified public accountant with five or more years of experience in the public sector; a Master's degree in business or public administration; OR administrative experience working for a public or private utility entity.