TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Assists in and performs routine maintenance, repair, and calibration procedures as required;
- Assists in routine maintenance work on electrical motor control equipment (480 volt or less) under direct supervision;
- Assists in the installation, performs maintenance and calibration of instrumentation equipment such as flow meters, level and pressure sensors, transmitters, receivers, indicating recorders and related audio tone equipment;
- Assists in diagnostics, repair, and calibration of filter plant equipment such as chemical pacing systems, automated filter consoles, automatic valve controls, wastewater process systems and related plant equipment;
- Assists in the inventory of equipment, tools and instruments;
- Assembles new equipment and readies for testing by technician;
- Disassembles and assembles equipment, cleans and readies assembles for adjusting and calibrating;
- Does routine lubricating of instruments;
- Does routine pipe work as associated with instrumentation.
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
Good knowledge of the tools, terminology, procedures and equipment of electronics; good knowledge of the installation and maintenance of electronic equipment; ability to service and repair various types of electronic equipment and components; ability to read and interpret electrical diagrams and drawings; sound judgment; initiative and resourcefulness; dependability; physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
Candidates must meet one of the following requirements on or before the date of the written test:
A) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered two (2) year college or university with an Associate’s degree in the electronics field and one (1) year experience in the installation, maintenance and repair of electronic equipment;
B) Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma and three (3) years of experience in the installation, maintenance and repair of electronic equipment;
C) An equivalent combination of training and experience as defined by the limits of (a) and (b).
NOTE: Verifiable part-time and/or volunteer experience will be pro-rated toward meeting full-time experience requirements.